The Wright Brothers® First Flight 12 17 03 Kill Devil Hills. T-shirt | short sleeve, Tri-Indigo
West Third at Williams
From their flight laboratory, The Wright Cycle Company bicycle shop in Dayton, the Wright brothers sought a location which had consistent winds needed for scientific experimentation of their kites, gliders and flying machines. Wilbur wrote to the U.S. Weather Service which in turn provided a list of potential sites. Kitty Hawk, seventh on the list, also offered seclusion and soft sand for hard landings. Many of the brothers’ glider tests took place from the shifting dunes of Kill Devil Hills near Kitty Hawk.
An illustration of the Wright Brothers National Memorial is featured on the front of the tee. The memorial sits on top of Big Kill Devil Hill.
The back of the tee sports an impressive international list of some of the significant firsts conducted by the Wright brothers.
The T-shirt is a can’t miss; Classic crew cut and design. And, like everything at The Wright Brothers Store, it’s made (and printed) in the U.S.A.
The United States of America
- Tri-blend (50% polyester/25% cotton/25% rayon) construction
- Polyester retains shape and elasticity
- Cotton lends both comfort and durability
- Addition of rayon makes for a unique texture and drapes against the body for a slimming look
- Durable rib neckband
- Trim fit
- Weight: .75 lbs
- Dimensions: 10 x 10 x .5625 in
- Color: Tri-Indigo
- Unisex Sizing: S, M, L, XL, XXL