The Wright Brothers® cotton twill flight cap | fitted, Navy
West Third at Williams
During World War II the soft-crown, long-visored baseball cap was popular in all the services. It was worn off- or on-duty; on ball fields and battlefields. The unquestioned utility of this style led to numerous variations on the basic A-3, six-panel, cotton standard mechanics cap, the plain Navy flier’s cap, and the B-1 (a.k.a., the utility cap). Originally, caps were purchased at the PX, but eventually the various services issued them. Our offering of fitted, baseball-styled caps are proudly made in the U.S.A. with a nod to the 1940s era.
The United States of America
- 100% Cotton brushed twill
- Round, soft-crown construction
- Leather sweatband
- 3″ Visor with Dark Green underside
- Metal eyelets
- Hair-canvas front backing
- Weight: 1 lbs
- Dimensions: 6.0625 x 8.5625 x 11.125 in
- Color: Navy
- Size: 6-7/8", 7", 7-1/8", 7-1/4", 7-3/8", 7-1/2", 7-5/8", 7-3/4", 7-7/8", 8"