The Wright Brothers® Pau Series 1.4 I signed & framed Giclée historical print (larger formats)
Wilbur & Orville Collection
Demonstrations in Europe, flying the Wright Model A over horse-drawn carriages. Wilbur Wright, pilot.
When members of the Wright family assisted in the selection of this initial Series 1 grouping of photos, they recalled their experiences while taking part in the centennial celebrations around the world. This image captures the contrast of the horse-drawn carriages on the ground with the impending new mode of air transportation. Photo was taken in Pau, France, in 1909.
Frames are built to order. Please allow up to one week to ship.
The United States of America
- Signed by Amanda Wright Lane and Stephen Wright, great-grandniece and great-grandnephew of Wilbur and Orville Wright
- Sequential serial numbered
- Certificate of Authenticity document
- Sourced from Special Collections and Archives, Wright State University
- Archival matte paper
- Acid-free, linen matting
- Antiqued metallic fillet
- Oxidized pewter frame stacked with a weathered metal riveted inner frame
- Museum glass
- Color: Black & White
- Print size: 24.00 x 18.00 in & 40.00 x 30.00 in
- Frame size: 33.25 x 28.00 in & 46.00 x 38.00 in
- Weight: 8.50 lbs & 12.75 lbs